Tuesday, July 7, 2009

nurse's prayers

O Devine Healer

Guide me to be the nurse I ought to be

Who, with great care and compassion

With gentle touch and affection

Nurse those whom you entrust to me.



If in the journey of my profession

I stumble, fall and wither

Lift me,assist me, carry me

And be my source of strength,courage, and divinity.



Let every word dead and thought

Be filled with patience love and serenity

Lead me the way O Lord

To the path not to selfishness, but to generosity

And that through me may this calling

Be a vocation and an offering

With you the Great Miracle Worker

AMEN











Give me strength and wisdom,

When others need my touch;
A soothing word to speak to them,
Their hearts yearn for so much.
Give me joy and laughter,
To lift a weary soul;
Pour in me compassion,
To make the broken whole.
Give me gentle, healing hands,
For those left in my care;
A blessing to those who need me,
This is a Nurse's prayer.



Dear Lord, please give me strength,
To face the day ahead.
Dear Lord, please give me courage,
As I approach each hurting bed.
Dear Lord, please give me wisdom
With every word I speak.
Dear Lord, please give me patience,
As I comfort the sick and weak.
Dear Lord, Please give me assurance,
As the day slips into night.
That I have done the best I can,
That I have done what's right.



As I care for my patients today
Be there with me, Oh Lord, I pray.
Make my words kind - it means so much.
And in my hands place your healing touch.
Let your love shine through all that I do,
So those in need may hear and feel You.



Let me dedicate my life today,
in the care of those who come my way.
Let me touch each one with healing hand,
and the gentle art for which I stand.
And then tonight when day is done,
Let me rest in peace,
If I've helped just one.




I pray I do my part
to lift each downcast spirit
and to soothe each heavy heart.
May my touch being reassurance.
May my voice be soothing too,
May my gentle care remind them
Of the love they have in You.



Give to my heart, Lord...
compassion and understanding.
Give to my hands,
skill and tenderness.
Give to my ears
the ability to listen.
Give to my lips
words of comfort.
Give to me, Lord...
strength for this selfless service
and enable me to give hope
to those I am called to serve.




Be me in the world.
Be my voice to the deaf.
Be my faith where there is doubt.
Be my hope where there is despair.
Be my light where there is darkness.
Be my joy where there is sadness.
Be me in the world.

Be my eyes to the blind.
Be my consolation to those who need to be consoled.
Be my understanding to those who need to be understood.
Be my healing to those who need to healed.
Be my love to those who need love.
Be my forgiveness to those who need to be forgiven.
Be my death to those who need me.
Be me in the world.



Dear Lord, thou Great Healer. May they great strength and power flow through me and lend skill to my hands and vision. Judgment to my mind and Compassion to my heart. Grant me the strength to minister to my Patients in their hour of suffering and travail. Make me worthy, Oh Lord, of this saintly task. And may I faithfully discharge my duties in Deep humility, worthy of the trust and faith placed in me. Amen












.

0 comments: